1. TED stands for Technology, Education, and Design. This organization "is a nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading." Many of its videos feature innovative concepts and insightful thoughts on current events and technology. I really admire a lot of TED's videos.
2. . Quirky is a company that helps aspiring inventors further their designs and preliminary ideas. An inventor will submit his idea and the community will work on and improve the idea. If the idea does come into fruition, the inventor and any other contributors can receive up to 30% of the resulting profits.
3. InventionHome's blog is similar to Quirky in that InventionHome helps participating designers develop the idea and license it to manufacturer. Many ideas on this blog are extremely interesting!
4. This blog offers many innovative ideas while also giving some vital context behind the ideas.
5. This is an awesome site! Not only does it provide its readers with some fascinating new gadgets invented, it also uncovers many exciting facts and discoveries. The topics covered are very diverse, and span from ancient Egyptian pyramids to special aircraft to newly discovered species of animals.